sabato 9 febbraio 2008

Words are important

I know i don't know english well, but this time i made a mistake wich made a misunderstanding.
In italian when you want to "talk about something", that "something" we use "argomento".
My brain is dumb, so i translate "argomento" with "argoument". So, someone understand you had an argue with him/her, of course.
Another example, in italian "caldo" is "warm", but "cold" is more near to "caldo" so my brain on first had a lot of problem to learn that "warm" is "caldo" and "cold" is "freddo".

I don't had much attention to use the right word, but the lesson is that words are always very important. You can use them for good but also for bad things. Someone could love you for the words you use, but could also hate you, because you have used them like a sword.

Pay attention how you speak!

4 commenti:

Moonfish ha detto...

Yeay! I was right.

Anyway, I think you may need to start using Google language tool. It is really useful.

Andrea, Udine, Italy ha detto...

MMM...using it a make mistake...if i put "argomento" and i want translate in english...came out "argoument"
I've to go to google headqarter and tell them la! :-P

Moonfish ha detto...
Questo commento è stato eliminato dall'autore.
Moonfish ha detto...

Are you sure? I just checked, it said "topic".